What is the best AGM battery charger? Well, you will get the answer in this post. We have reviewed at the top 3 AGM battery chargers and looked at their buying guide.
But before we review them, here is a table that looks at the key features of our top pick.
- 1 AGM Battery Chargers – Top pick comparison chart
- 2 Top 3 AGM battery chargers review
- 3 AGM Battery Chargers – Most Important Buying Consideration.
- 4 Conclusion
AGM Battery Chargers – Top pick comparison chart
BLACK+DECKER BM3B Battery Charger
NOCO Genius G3500 Battery Charger
Battery Tender 022-0165-DL-WH 12V 2-Bank Battery
|Dimensions||5 x 3 x 9.8 inches||7.7 x 2.7 x 1.9 inches||10.7 x 10.7 x 6.2 inches|
|Weight||1.45 pounds||1 pounds||3.12 pounds|
Now let’s turn our attention to the review of the top 3 AGM battery chargers.
Top 3 AGM battery chargers review
1. BLACK+DECKER BM3B 6V and 12V Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer
BM3B features both 6 and 12 volts charging selectivity and has a built-in circuit guard that protects against reverse polarity. Also, the guard protects against short circuit and overcharging and the charger has 3 ways of connecting.
Key Features and Specifications
- For use on: 6-12V battery system.
- Power: 1.5A.
- Weight: 1.45 pounds.
- Dimensions: 5 x 3 x 9.8 inches.
The BM3B saves you from the hassle of keeping track on the status of your battery. All you need to do is simply connect it to your battery and it will start the charging process automatically. When your battery gets charged, the charger turns to float mode, and thus your battery won’t get overcharged.
What makes this charger attractive is its small size and compactness. It comes in a sleek design that allows you to hold it in your palm comfortably.
Another superb feature of the BM3B is its ease of operation. Meaning that you don’t need to come into contact with your battery – connect the terminals and it will do the rest.
- There is no fear of overcharging your battery.
- The charger works reliably.
- Cables are nice, rugged, and long.
- Very easy to use and simply plug and play.
- Its’ charging ability boost the battery within 30 minutes.
- Doesn’t support PWC batteries.
- The switch to select between 6V and 12V is too weak.
You will be excited to learn that this charger can charge batteries of almost all types of cars. Specifically, you can use the charger to charge dead batteries of trucks, motorcycles, vans, minivans, boats, and cars.
2. NOCO Genius G3500 6V/12V 3.3A UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger
Just like the BM3B, the G3500 can be used to charge both 6 and 12 volts batteries. Moreover, it is one of the most advanced and safest portable chargers on the market today. It also boats of automated charging capabilities and lightweight design.
Key Features and Specifications
- For use on the 6-12V battery system.
- Power: 3.5A
- Weight: 1 pound.
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 2.7 x 1.9 inches
The G3500 is able to charge batteries at a faster speed than an ordinary charger, saving you half the time. That’s thanks to its high-speed charger, that also repairs damaged batteries. In fact, it can bring your drained battery back to life within minutes.
Many people complain that chargers reduce their batteries life. The G3500 does the opposite as it optimizes your battery life due to its great features that stabilize your battery internal chemistry.
Furthermore, the battery has an onboard microprocessor that monitors your battery efficiency. As well, the microprocessor helps to keep your battery safe when being charged, giving you peace of mind. On top of that, the microprocessor checks for overcharging which mean less energy consumption.
- Highly portable and user-friendly.
- Provides accurate diagnosis of your battery.
- Can be used with different charge modes and cells.
- Effective energy consumption.
- A highly effective charger.
- Better at maintaining than charging batteries.
- Its long cables can cause problems.
- This battery charger isn’t limited to charging a specific type of battery. It changes any 6-12V battery, be it a lithium-acid or lead-acid battery.
3. Battery Tender 022-0165-DL-WH 12V 2-Bank Battery Management System
Battery Tender 022-0165-DL-WH 12V is a battery management system with exceptional performance. It features 2 charging stations (each generates 12V of power) which are ideal for charging any kind of battery. The charger also has reserve polarity and spark proof contact design that protects your battery from damage.
Key Features and Specifications
- For use on the 12V battery system.
- Power: 1.25A
- Weight: 1.7 pounds.
- Dimensions: 10.7 x 10.7 x 6.2 inches
Also, the 022-0165-DL-WH comes with a 3-step charging system that reduces the chance of overcharging your battery. You will also be excited to learn that the charger is fast and offers an auto technology that maintains your battery’s charge.
In storage, you don’t need to fret about your battery losing power if you have this charger. Additionally, if you have a sealed maintenance-free or flooded battery, you should expect great results too.
Backed up by a 2 years warranty, the battery lasts long, giving you value for your money. Actually, the battery charger will serve you effectively for a very long time.
- It features an overcharging protection.
- Able to charge most batteries.
- Two effective charging stations.
- Comes when fully powered.
- Well designed and simple looking.
- Short power cords.
- Might interfere with your radio signal.
You can use this battery to charge most AGM batteries with no issue.
AGM Battery Chargers – Most Important Buying Consideration.
There are three things that you should look out for when buying a battery charger.
Type of Charger
Different types of battery chargers are suitable for charging different types of car batteries. Some common battery types include sealed maintenance-free, lead-acid, or flooded batteries. They come in either Gel Cel or AGM batteries.
Hence, know the type of battery you will be charging before you pick your charger.
Most battery chargers have specifications. Peak amperes is a measure of the peak current drawn over one millisecond. Get a charger that can draw high amperes without damaging your car battery.
Amperes can be considered as a measure of quality as opposed to capability.
Car battery chargers vary greatly in the amount of time they take to completely charge your battery. The majority takes anywhere from 2 to 10 hours to completely charge your battery.
Average charge time is a measure of the capability of the charger. More expensive chargers have a higher capability.
From the review above, we would like to recommend you the BLACK+DECKER BM3B 6V and 12V Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer. It comes with great features and of importance, it charges almost all types of batteries.
If you are looking for the best AGM battery charger, then you cannot go wrong with any of the battery chargers we have reviewed. Hit the market and get one of these models.