Who Are We?
Gmund Cars is a team of experienced and enthusiastic auto mechanics and bloggers in the US that have worked for years in the auto repair and maintenance field.
We love to share experiences and expertise in auto repair, maintenance, and products for car as a way to spread good values to you and the community.
Our goal is to help you avoid costly repair bills and keep your car running smoothly for years. With the right information, we think anybody can fix more car problems than they realize.
We do the hard work of testing products to see how well they works so that you don’t have to. We outline exactly how to perform repairs, because we’ve done them before. Instead of paying someone to fix your car, we teach you how to do it yourself, and we give you a detailed guide on which products you’ll need to fix it.
What Do We Cover?
We put together Car Guides, Tips, and Product Reviews that answer every question you have about car including but not limited to:
- Tools & equipment
- Light & lighting accessories
- Car care
- Interior/exterior accessories
- Oil and fluids
- Wheels & tires
- Performance parts & accessories
- Replacement parts
- Paint & paint supplies
Either you are a car owner or a mechanic, GmundCars provides you with helpful information and advice.
We use our experience and expertise to benefit you. Our desire is to ensure that you make the right decision for your car, every time, to meet your need and solve the problems at the best price.
While there are some things that just can’t be repaired at home, no matter what, we love helping people learn more about how the car works and how to keep it working. That’s why we try to write our guides in a way that’s easy to understand, no matter how experienced or inexperienced you may be.
How Are Things Curated?
We refuse to recommend a bad product. We stand behind every product we recommend, and that means we have a rigorous review process. The last thing we want is to tell you to buy something that turns out to be a dud, whether it doesn’t work at all or it’s just overpriced.
To make sure that no low-quality products slip through our review process, we’re careful to make sure that nothing low-quality slips through the cracks. If we recommend something, we stand behind it.
Here’s why you can trust us:
- We actually try the products. Our reviews aren’t based on what other people say, they’re based on firsthand experience with the products. This way we know for sure what we think about it, and we don’t have to worry that someone else might have recommended it because of an endorsement deal, or a lack of experience.
- We’re experienced car guys, mechanics and technicians. We know how to evaluate these parts and spot dubious advertising claims, and we can tell right away if something isn’t working the way it’s supposed to, or even if it simply doesn’t work as well as a different brand.
- We’re unbiased. We don’t work for a manufacturer, and we don’t have deals with any of them either. Our product reviews and repair guides at completely honest, and we won’t recommend anything to you unless we think it’s the right choice.
- Reviews from real users are part of our evaluation. We try everything, but we don’t discount the experience of others. It may be that a product we find easy to use is a terrible choice for someone with less experience. We take user reviews into account.
- We look at brand reputation, not advertising. Brands with good reputations make good products, period. Nobody thinks highly of brands that make cheap stuff. We also look at the sales information. People don’t buy bad products over and over again. If a product sells well, it’s a good indication that it’s worth your money.
It’s important to us that you have all the information you need to buy exactly the right product. We’ll only recommend products that we’ve tried, that sell well, and that we know will work. You can trust that any product we recommend will get the job done.
Our goal is to create the best possible content for you. We don’t want to stop at product reviews, we want to be your most trusted resource for car repair. In addition to product reviews we post repair guides and tips, and that’s where we think our expertise really becomes important. Our experiences mean that we know cars like the backs of our hands, and we want to pass that kind of knowledge on. If our articles aren’t easy to understand, then we failed.
Transparency matters, too. All too often, information on car maintenance isn’t trustworthy, and it can feel like websites or body shops are trying to manipulate you into buying things you don’t need. We don’t ever want you to feel that way when reading our site. So, here’s everything you need to know about how we put together our articles.