At Gmund Cars, we value Diversity, Honesty, and Professionalism. We always take time to ensure that every technical detail and information in our articles are correct and helpful.
Our goal is to help you avoid costly repair bills and maintain your vehicle in tip-top condition for years. With the right guidance, we believe that anyone can do it.
We test out every product to see how well they work so that you don’t have to. We outline exactly how to perform repairs because we’ve done them before. Instead of paying someone to fix your car, we’ll guide you on how to do it yourself.
Who we are
Tim created Gmund Cars in December 2020 with one purpose in mind: To share his 20 years of experience as an auto mechanic and help everyone with their car problems.
Alvin has worked in the automotive field for over 7 years. He is in charge of the audio category for Gmund Cars. As an audiophile mechanic, he always ensures this section’s up to date with the latest information. He is new to Gmund Cars, but his experience is not “new.”
Currently, Alvin’s working as a mechanic in a small garage in his hometown. He wants to share his enthusiasm and experience with everyone who shares the same hobby in automotive; thus, he joins Gmund Cars as an editor.
Auto mechanic. Car Blogger. Proud father and loving husband. His words are simple and effective, just like his work.
Whatever the job is, Jason is your handyman.
You’re standing in the presence of Frank of house Wisner, first of his name, the auto mechanic, the crazy writer, breaker of 10mm, and father of two.
“Wrench” and “Keyboard” are the things that make his life.
“Wrench” is what connects things together, and “Keyboard” spreads knowledge to the whole world.
Unlike his coworkers, he’s a fun guy. So, shoot him a message if you have any questions. Have a beautiful day!
Talk to Frank: Facebook
What we cover
We put together car related Guides, Tips, and Product Reviews that answer every question you may have, including but not limited to:
- Tools & equipment
- Light & lighting accessories
- Car care
- Interior/exterior accessories
- Oil and fluids
- Wheels & tires
- Performance parts & accessories
- Replacement parts
- Paint & paint supplies
How things are curated
We refuse to recommend a bad product. We stand behind every product we recommend, and that means we have a rigorous review process. The last thing we want is to tell you to buy something that turns out to be a dud, whether it doesn’t work at all or it’s just overpriced.
To make sure that no low-quality products slip through our review process, we’re careful to make sure that nothing low-quality slips through the cracks. If we recommend something, we stand behind it.
Here’s why you can trust us:
- We actually try the products. Our reviews aren’t based on what other people say, they’re based on firsthand experience with the products. This way we know for sure what we think about it, and we don’t have to worry that someone else might have recommended it because of an endorsement deal, or a lack of experience.
- We’re experienced car guys, mechanics and technicians. We know how to evaluate these parts and spot dubious advertising claims, and we can tell right away if something isn’t working the way it’s supposed to, or even if it simply doesn’t work as well as a different brand.
- We’re unbiased. We don’t work for a manufacturer, and we don’t have deals with any of them either. Our product reviews and repair guides at completely honest, and we won’t recommend anything to you unless we think it’s the right choice.
- Reviews from real users are part of our evaluation. We try everything, but we don’t discount the experience of others. It may be that a product we find easy to use is a terrible choice for someone with less experience. We take user reviews into account.
- We look at brand reputation, not advertising. Brands with good reputations make good products, period. Nobody thinks highly of brands that make cheap stuff. We also look at the sales information. People don’t buy bad products over and over again. If a product sells well, it’s a good indication that it’s worth your money.
It’s important to us that you have all the information you need to buy exactly the right product. We’ll only recommend products that we’ve tried, that sell well, and that we know will work. You can trust that any product we recommend will get the job done.
Our goal is to create the best possible content for you. We don’t want to stop at product reviews, we want to be your most trusted resource for car repair. In addition to product reviews we post repair guides and tips, and that’s where we think our expertise really becomes important. Our experiences mean that we know cars like the backs of our hands, and we want to pass that kind of knowledge on. If our articles aren’t easy to understand, then we failed.
Transparency matters, too. All too often, information on car maintenance isn’t trustworthy, and it can feel like websites or body shops are trying to manipulate you into buying things you don’t need. We don’t ever want you to feel that way when reading our site. So, here’s everything you need to know about how we put together our articles.