Does your camera’s battery drain charge pretty fast? Are you looking for the perfect replacement batteries for your digital SLR camera? Well, look no further because here is the review of the 5 best third party camera batteries in the market.
There are key features that you should consider before purchasing a battery for your camera. In this review, a couple of pros and cons of individual batteries are also discussed.
The review will make you find it quite easy to decide on the battery that best suits your digital camera.
Best third party camera batteries: Comparison chart
TalentCell - Rechargeable battery for CCTV Camera
Canon Lithium ion Camera Battery
Nikon Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
|Weight||1.15 Pounds||1.7 ounces||7.8 ounces|
|Dimensions||5.1 x 1 x 3 inches||6 x 4 x 5 inches||2.1 x 0.6 x 1.5 inches|
|MAH (milliamp-hour )||6000mAh||1100 mAh||1500 mAh|
|Chemistry||Lithium ion||Lithium ion||Lithium ion|
Best third party camera batteries review
1. TalentCell – Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
For a photographer, the worst nightmare is when your battery dies while in the middle of capturing a moment and you have no way of recharging.
The rechargeable battery pack can be recharged without limitations.
This is because the Talentcell battery is engineered for a slow charge process and takes up to 10 hours to charge completely.
Below are the product features, cons, and pros to assist you in deciding.
- Has a battery capacity of 600 mAh
- The battery’s voltage is 12v
- Chemical ions: lithium
- Has a USB output.
- The charger has an LED indicator to show the recharging progress when a battery is plugged in to charge.
- Accompanied by a female to male power splitter cable.
- The battery can be charged without any limitations considering the USB port on the charger.
- Gives long lasting charge to enable the user to work with much ease during a photo shoot.
- The lifespan of the battery is relatively long.
- The camera battery is pretty pricey.
- It also takes quite a long while to charge fully.
- In humid areas, the battery will not function properly and might short circuit.
2. BM Premium – LPE10 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries for Canon
This battery is designed especially for the Canon Rebel DSLR camera.
These rechargeable batteries are made to meet or exceed OEM requirements. They feature the latest technology in batteries, including voltage regulation, thermal circuit protection, and advanced circuitry.
The product features, cons, and pros are as discussed below.
- Energy Storage Capacity: 1100mAh
- Voltage: 7.4 volts,
- Chemistry: Li-ion
- Quantity: 2 LPE10 Batteries
- Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth
- Long lifespan of up to 3 years.
- Takes a while to fully drain considering its 1100 mAh capacity.
- Safety of the user is guaranteed by plastic caps that protect the terminals.
- They feature the latest technology in batteries including circuit protection.
- The battery does not hold a charge when not in use
- They also tend to run down pretty fast when in use.
- Overheating is a problem when overcharged.
3. Powerextra – EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Replacement Battery for Nikon
When one has the power extra 2x powerful batteries and a dual USB charger, the stress about batteries dying sooner is reduced.
The batteries can be charged by power bank, laptop, car charger or any device with a USB port perfect for an outdoor power supply. It is compatible with a majority of the Nikon D series.
The product cons, pros, and features are as discussed below.
- Capacity: 1500mAh
- Voltage: 7.4V
- Battery type: Li-ion
- Input: 5V/2A
- Output: 8.4V/0.8A
- The battery has over-voltage protection.
- It is compatible with multiple Nikon series.
- The power extra is ideal for photography.
- The battery is also quite long lasting considering its capacity.
- It has a long lifespan of up to 3 years.
- The battery does not ship to other counties apart from the USA.
- It is relatively pricey considering its charge doesn’t last 400 shots.
4. ENEGON – Li-ion Replacement Battery for Canon
ENEGON- Li-ion Replacement Battery for Canon is also an ideal battery for photography. It helps the user capture the moment fully with ease.
Like any other battery, it has its own pros, cons, and unique features as discussed below.
If you are looking to get a replacement for your Canon LP-E8 battery, this is the battery for you. With the large capacity of 1800mAh, you can be sure it will last you a whole day’s shoot that helps you capture memorable moments each day.
The batteries have a relatively long lifespan of about 3 years hence you will not need to buy another replacement any time soon.
The features, pros, and cons of this battery are discussed below.
- Replacement Battery for Canon LP-E8.
- 1800mAh battery capacity.
- Dual Battery Charger (Input:5V/2A, Output:8.4V/0.8A*2)
- LED lights to show recharge progress.
- Micro USB cable
- 100% Compatible with Original LP-08 hence adding you more time for shoots.
- It’s of HIGH CAPACITY & QUALITY. Premium cells create the quality of these batteries to bring you longer video recording and more photo shoots.
- Its RAPID DUAL CHARGER Charges 2 batteries simultaneously from any USB power source.
- You are informed through the LED lights whether the charge is complete or not.
- It’s accompanied by a USB cable so you can charge it even from your PC.
- Built-in multiple circuit protection (short-circuit, over-charging, high-temperature, and surge protection)
- Comes with an 18-month warranty in case of defects from the manufacturing side.
- The product does not ship to countries other than the USA and European countries.
- It is relatively pricey considering its charge doesn’t last 400 shots.
- The battery’s compatibility is limited to a few Canon cameras.
5. Energizer – EL123APB Rechargeable Lithium Battery
Energizer -EL123APB Rechargeable Battery is a photo battery. The product also works best with plenty of your everyday devices like game consoles. It has the ability to hold power for up to 10 years.
Discussed below are its pros, cons, and features.
- Two lithium batteries of size 123.
- Used on power-intensive devices, for example, pagers, watches, calculators, pagers, and more.
- Up to a decade of storage life
- Long lifespan of up to 10 years
- Designed to keep up with today’s high-tech power-hungry flash units and cameras.
- Can withstand extreme temperatures
- Can be a choking hazard for children under 3yeers who might want to swallow it.
- Safety of the user is not guaranteed in case of a short circuit.
- Overheats when recharging.
1. How many types of batteries do cameras use?
There are different types of batteries that digital cameras use. From the ones that run on lithium ions, to NiMH ions, to alkaline. These also vary in performance and reliability. It is best to know which one will get the job done without interfering with your camera’s performance.
2. Which type of battery is best recommended for use in a digital camera?
For a digital camera, you would want to look for a battery that’s authentic and manufactured by the company that made your camera. Look out for counterfeits as your camera will reject them and switch itself off for safety. Make sure to buy only a battery that’s compatible with your camera, even if it is pricey, for best results.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Buying a Camera Battery.
In as much as you are in a serious search of a replacement rechargeable battery for your lovely camera, there are a few things you would want to check for before buying.
Authenticity– Make sure to buy batteries that are not counterfeits or the original. The OEM Requirements for the third party camera battery in question should guide you.
Compatibility– Be sure to only purchase batteries that are compatible with your camera. You do not want to own batteries that will lie idle in your shelves.
Capacity– Look for batteries that have high capacities to avoid being caught off guard when you want to capture those great, once in a lifetime moments.
Lifespan-check to verify that the battery you are about to buy has a long lifespan. You do not want a battery that will die just after a few months of use.
Pricing– no matter the price of a battery, if the battery will give you value for your money then it is a must. Save up and get yourself the best battery for your camera.
Safety– Be sure to buy batteries that guarantee your safety. If you have small children, avoid batteries that they can attempt to swallow and be choked out. Also, buy only batteries that have protection against overcharging and circuitry.