Are you a DIY beginner or a first-time tool buyer looking to purchase the best grease gun coupler? Here’s your luck.
This article will provide you with:
- Detailed grease gun coupler buying guide.
- Top 5 coupling products review on the market in 2021.
You can now give up your search and scroll down.
What is a grease gun coupler?
The grease gun coupler is a connector between the grease gun and the grease fitting. You need it to prevent grease leakage while during lubrication. Once you slide in a coupler to the grease fitting and adjust it to fit perfectly, you can fix the grease gun on the other open end and start greasing.
Benefits of grease gun couplers
- With grease gun couplers, you can bypass the hassle that comes with holding the equipment or machine while greasing. They allow you to lubricate all hidden corners and tight spaces easily.
- Grease gun couplers will help keep your grease from leaking. They’d also eliminate the problems associated with pumping grease guns with both hands.
- Machine maintenance can be very frustrating without grease couplers. But with them, you can rest assured of a drag-free lubrication process.
- You can save time and energy by using grease gun couplers. They help to speed-up the greasing process and reduce every form of distraction that comes with it (you don’t have to stop at intervals to check whether grease is leaking or not).
Top grease gun coupler brands
LockNLube is a grease gun coupler company you can always trust for quality products. They work with manufacturers across the globe to ensure that customers get durable equipment that’d last for a lifetime. If you’re looking for a coupler that serves your exact purposes and leaves no room for frustration at all, try LockNLube.
If you’re looking for a coupler that enables the smooth release of grease within a short time, this is for you. The brand makes high-quality tools and ensures that users get the exact kind of greasing experience they desire.
Anyone familiar with the grease coupler market will surely know the AZUNO brand. Besides being well-known for making quality tools, they produce grease gun couplers you can use easily. The tool’s thump lever is perfectly designed and built to enable smooth greasing.
VARSK couplers are definitely one of the most budget-friendly. They include so many amazing features. No doubts, you can use tools from the company for as long as you desire without needing a (total) replacement (you might only need to change the claws, screw caps, and the wrench when the need arises).
As you may expect, couplers from this brand are sold with different replacement parts to meet customers’ cravings.
Basic features you need to consider
This is definitely one important thing you must consider as a first-time buyer of a grease gun coupler. An ideal grease coupler should come with a 1/8″ NPT thread, which should eventually aid its smooth connection to the grease gun hose. So when shopping for a coupler, ensure that the thread size matches this specification.
Check whether your grease gun can handle the maximum pressure or not. High-quality grease guns should, at least, be able to handle up to 8,000 or 10,000 PSI pressure. And if you’re lucky enough, you may find guns that can deal with more than 10,000 PSI—such guns have the capacity to release much more grease than the others.
Note that guns are likely to leak quickly when they release too much grease on a single pump, and this might cause severe damage to the coupler.
You can hardly ever connect a coupler to your grease gun without the jaws. They help ensure that the coupler is properly fit and securely locked to the tip of the gun. If you’re buying a coupler for the first time, check for the jaws and be sure they’re plenty enough to aid lock-in.
Compatibility with grease fittings
Consider the type of grease fitting you want to lubricate when deciding on which coupler to buy for your gun. The chances are high that the machines or equipment you want to lubricate all have different zerks. So you should choose a grease coupler that’s both versatile and compatible with all fittings.
Also, check to ensure that your desired coupler comes with ball checks to prevent dust and contaminants from getting into the tube. Go for couplers that are compatible with the standard grease fitting zerks. With them, you wouldn’t have to keep replacing tools.
Top products review
LockNLube GC81011 – Best overall
- Works perfectly with all kinds of grease guns.
- Easily replace worn-out parts of the coupler without stress.
- No room for the mess around your home or work area.
- Be able to pump grease using both hands.
- No amount of pressure is too much for the coupler to bear.
- Difficult to depress the gun pump when you make a mistake with fitting.
- Difficult to fit the coupler into tight areas.
The LockNLube GC81011 grease gun coupler is rated up to 10,000PSI, and this means smooth greasing for all users out there. The tool has a 1/8″ NPT and 0.63 inches cutting diameter, which makes it compatible with all kinds of grease guns, from manual to pneumatic to battery-operated. But it might be a little difficult to fix onto very tight spaces.
This coupler can withstand any kind of pressure, and it has the capacity to bear whatever angle the fitting or grease gun creates. Tool locks on and does not leak grease. The steel jaws are built to lock onto all kinds of zerks and they allow you to grease easily with both hands.
It is made with high-quality materials and stands out as the only rebuildable grease gun you’ll find across the globe. It also comes with a spare seal kit that’s completely free; so you can easily replace worn-out jaws or seals without spending extra cash. No doubt, you can use this coupler for as long as you desire and have it in your toolbox till hell freezes over.
The LockNLube grease gun coupler has way too many attractive features to be ignored. You will definitely get the best with this product and, best believe, you’ll find greasing more exciting and stress-free than it had ever seemed. Since the coupler works with all kinds of grease guns, you can use it right in your home and even for industrial purposes.
LockNLube GC81032 XL – Best bang for your buck
- Allows you to lubricate deep inside your equipment.
- Easily replace worn-out parts yourself.
- Does not leak grease, have a mess-free greasing experience.
- Enables you to control the grease gun easily.
- Only compatible with standard grease guns.
- Given its thickness, it is usually difficult to fit in too tight spaces.
LockNLube is one of the very few grease gun coupler brands that understand customers’ needs perfectly. This explains why you’d find yet another LockNLube coupler with more stunning features.
The LockNLube grease gun coupler XL was made with quality materials to deflect longer barrels, but then, it doesn’t work with minor grease guns. It has a pressure rating of 10,000 PSI and a total weight of about 4.8 ounces. With length twice as long as the regular couplers on the market, you can be sure to reach the farrest corners with this coupler. It has 4” of reach, which allows users to reach fittings more easily and prevents grease from spreading all over their machine, and comes with a special sliding sleeve.
This tool can work with all kinds of standard grease guns—the ones with 1/8″ NPT fitting, and it is a perfect choice for all types of zerks. Moreover, you can easily replace the jaws and seal without changing the coupler itself. It comes with a free rebuild kit you can use without difficulty. This coupler can withstand much pressure and it doesn’t leak grease. You can use it for a very long time without needing a replacement.
LockNLube grease gun coupler XL is a bit more advanced. Though it has most of the features you’d find with the normal coupler, it is only ideal for standard grease guns. You’d definitely find this helpful if your grease fitting lies deep inside the machine or equipment you are looking to lubricate. The coupler’s length and other extra features make it an ideal pick for greasing u-joints, harvester heads, and the likes.
Lumax LX-1403 – My pick
- Does not leak grease easily.
- Suitable for all kinds of grease guns.
- Easier greasing with the product’s 15,000 PSI maximum pressure.
- Can use the product with different types of fittings.
- Perfect for greasing small and difficult spaces.
- Sometimes be hard to install.
- Difficult to lubricate zerks with close or tight spaces due to the coupler size.
Lumax LX-1403 grease gun coupler manages pressure up to 15,000 PSI. Made with premium quality steel material, the tool comes with a non-return valve feature that allows you to disconnect easily from the grease fitting. Though it can take a whole lot of effort to install.
It has a thread of 1/8″ NPT, which makes it possible for you to use with any types of grease guns and fittings. And speaking of compatibility, the coupler works well with both manual and air-operated guns. Besides, it can as well be used with those that are battery-powered.
This coupler has four jaws and they are all capable of withstanding high pressure. What’s more, you can enjoy the use of this product for a long time without needing a replacement.
Here’s an excellent tool for an excellent greasing experience. With Lumax couplers, you can lubricate your equipment using a high-pressure grease gun. No, it doesn’t spill grease so easily; so you can rest assured of a mess-free lubrication process. No matter the grease fitting you’re using, Lumax coupler will deliver well and fit perfectly. And yeah, it works for any kind of lubrication exercise.
VARSK VA409 – Best budget
- Easily grease hard-to-reach parts of your machine.
- Easier greasing with the product’s 15,000 PSI maximum pressure.
- Mess-free greasing experience is assured.
- Provides premium protection against all forms of resistance.
- Coupler requires high maintenance for use in the long run.
- Difficult to attach some equipment’s grease zerks due to the length and size of the tool.
Made with premium medium carbon steel treated with heat, the Varsk VA409 grease gun coupler allows you to grease the machine smoothly in the home garage or shop, though it is a little more expensive. The tool has about 15,000 PSI pressure rating and it weighs around 8.3 ounces. Even at a very high-pressure release—like Azuno—it stabilizes greasing and gives you the opportunity to control the entire process.
This Varsk coupler has a thread of 1/8 NPT, and it fits into any grease gun types and zerk fittings. You can use it with both standard and mini grease guns. It also works with all Metric zerk and SAE grease fittings.
Besides, it also comes with multiple accessories (from three replacement claws to two extra screw caps to one 2mm Allen wrench to meet all your DIY needs), and their smooth retraction operation makes one-hand greasing a no-brainer. This product also has a sealing gasket that keeps greasing performance stable and prevents damage. You can use it for many years without considering replacement.
VARSK grease gun coupler is ideal for all kinds of grease guns, and its performance would make you want to keep greasing. You’d find the coupler more helpful if you’re lubricating tractor, marine, motorcycle, or other heavy machines.
AZUNO AGC12A01 – Also great
- Can fit this coupler into any zerk fittings and grease guns.
- Easy working mechanism of the product
- A mess-free lubrication experience is guaranteed.
- Very strong and easy to use.
- Difficult to find some spare parts in the market.
- Coupler’s outer diameter is too wide for tight spaces.
Azuno AGC12A01 grease gun coupler is built with top-quality zinc material coated with alloy steel. This enables a smooth greasing performance in the home garage or shop. The tool is rated up to 12,000 PSI pressure and it weighs around 5.9 ounces. If you are looking for a coupler that stabilizes lubrication even at a very high pressure release, then this is for you. Azuno is arguably the strongest grease gun coupler you’ll find on the market, but it can be very problematic at times. Once it gets dirty, you may have a hard time fitting it into the zerks.
With a thread of 1/8“ NPT, the coupler works perfectly with all kinds of grease guns and zerk fittings—it fits both standard grease guns and the mini ones. It is also compatible with all SAE and DIN grease fittings.
The coupler comes with reinforced jaws, and their smooth retraction operation makes one-hand greasing a no-brainer. This product has a top-quality sealing gasket that aids the stability of greasing performance and ensures durability. It lasts long and prevents grease leakage.
AZUNO is another brand you may want to consider for top-quality grease gun couplers. Besides making strong couplers that perform exceptionally, they are committed to ensuring customers get the kind of greasing experience they desire. You can use the product easily in a home garage, and you can use it with any type of grease gun to lubricate your equipment.
Grease gun coupler tips
Your grease gun coupler will only last a lifetime if you maintain it properly. Without scheduled maintenance, you may lose the tool to wear and tear or some more complicated damage. Check out the following tips for ways to care for your grease gun couplers and keep them out of harm’s way:
- Wipe coupler regularly after use.
- Inspect grease couplers frequently and replace all worn-out parts or defective parts.
- Know how the grease gun operates. Also, note the volume of grease delivery per shot.
- Avoid grease leakage at all costs.
- Do not lay couplers on messed-up surfaces.
- Refrain from storing parts carelessly. Keep the tool covered and protected when it is not in use.
- Clean fittings regularly to avoid contamination.
Merely reading about what it takes to grease machines and keep them lubricated, one would think the process is nothing but a nightmare. But that’s not true. You can bypass all the problems that come with greasing by simply getting a grease gun coupler. If you’re still confused as to which one to choose, we recommend LockNLube GC81011.
With grease gun couplers, lubrication is made both easy and mess-free. You don’t have to delay further; brace up and make a choice today.