There’s a lot to love about the aftermarket CV axles; not only do they add an undeniable touch to almost any vehicle, but they’re also incredibly durable and affordable.
However, there are some factors that need to be considered when searching for the ultimate pair that fits your vehicle.
Often, people get confused about the type of CV axles to get for their vehicle, which leads to spending a lot of money, but you don’t have to worry about that again.
In this article, I will review some aftermarket CV axles. That way, you can be sure that any CV axle you decide to choose has been thoroughly tested and would stand the test of your vehicle and environment.
Best Aftermarket CV Axles
Since CV axles are an essential part of the vehicle, this guide will inform you about the best aftermarket CV axles on your car. We have compiled some CV joints’ features, benefits, and drawbacks from various manufacturers following extensive research.
Let’s look at aftermarket CV axles reviews to see which is best for you.
Cardone 66-1009 New CV Axle
Cardone Axle is unarguably the best CV axle design on the market. There is no doubt that this product has been a success.
Because of its superb fit, durability, and ease of installation, this product has increased in popularity and continues to receive positive reviews. Also, it has additional bellows to withstand lower pressure and cracking.
The Cardone 66-1009 axle includes an extra holding nut for simple installation that maintains everything in place. In addition, its neoprene boots have extra bellows that stop the axle from breaking down or wearing off in a short period when subjected to tremendous stress.
It also has Precision-rolled splines ensuring that the mating hub fits properly. The 66-1009’s unrivaled performance is due to its high-quality grease, and this lubricant prevents heat and stress from damaging the axle, assuring peak performance.
- 1999 – 2006 Cadillac Escalade
- 2003 – 2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV
- 2002 – 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
- 2002 – 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- 1992 – 1994 Chevrolet Blazer
- 1988 – 1999 Chevrolet K1500
- 1998 – 1999 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban
- 1998 Chevrolet K2500
- 1999 – 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic
- 2000 – 2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- 1998 – 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 1988 – 1999 GMC K1500
- 1998 – 1999 GMC K1500 Suburban
- 1998 GMC K2500
- 1999 – 2006 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Classic
- 1998 – 2006 GMC Yukon
- 2000 – 2006 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- Are easy to remove and install during replacement
- Suit almost all types of vehicles
- Come with an extra nut
- Work fine in high pressure
- Make movement easy on all kinds of roads
- Expensive to maintain
- Not well copped during packaging
- Fail without prior notice
Cardone 66-1009 is simple to install and recognizes the importance of uncompromising performance. It is subjected to quality factory testing before being distributed for sales.
GSP NCV10232 CV Axle Shaft
GSP NCV10232 is yet another outstanding design made as an original equipment manufacturer fit for the vehicle it’s installed. This GSP model is well-known for its high quality and is ideal for automobiles equipped with ABS (anti-lock braking system).
Its shaft comprises high-quality, long-lasting materials that promise longevity and resistance to adverse weather conditions.
It has a neatly built CV joint designed to perform best under severe temperatures, eliminating odd and unwanted vibrations.
Furthermore, because boot breaks or wear are the most common cause of axle failure, the GSP NCV10232 axle uses high-quality neoprene boots to ensure it is sturdy and capable of resisting a wide range of temperatures.
The probability of lubricant leakage at the joint is modest, implying minor wear and axle failure. The axles on the GSP NCV10232 have Moly grease, which can endure high temperatures and friction while still providing smooth movement and reliable performance.
- CADILLAC: 1993 60 Special, 1992 Commercial Chassis.
- CADILLAC: 1992-95 DeVille, 1992-93 Eldorado, 1992 Fleetwood, 1992-93 Seville.
- CHEVROLET: 2000-11 Impala, 2000-07 Monte Carlo, 1997-05 Venture.
- PONTIAC: 1992-99 Bonneville, 1997-08 Grand Prix, 1999-05 Montana, 1997-98 Trans Sport.
- BUICK: 2008-09 Allure, 1997-05 Century, 2005-09 LaCrosse, 1996-99 LeSabre, 1991-96 Park Avenue, 1997-03 Regal, 1992-93 Riviera.
- Are affordable
- Are strong and well-fitting
- Eliminate the possibility of sudden joint failure
- Easy to replace and install
- Come with the best lubrication
- It doesn’t fit all vehicles
- Inadequate quantities of bellow (3 instead of 5)
- The boot is sometimes rigid once exposed to dirt
The product is quality, performance, and perfection tested before packing and distribution to the market. As a result, it offers a good return on your investment in GSP NCV10232.
Read more: Broken Axle: Signs And Causes
Cardone 66-1325 New CV Axle
Cardone 66-1325 is similar to other models of Cardone CV axle in functionality, performance, fitness, and material quality. The installation is simple, quick, and enhances the reduction of vibrations afterward. In addition, the shaft’s length is short.
Also, the Cardone 66-1325 boots are flexible and are not stiff, making them a huge benefit in reducing the possibility of breakage or fall-off.
The inner and outer joints of this Cardone CV axle model contain numerous bellows. This keeps its premium Moly oil in the joint and prevents dirt from penetrating the joint.
This Cardone CV Axle model is considered relatively overpriced by persons with a moderate budget when compared with the typical cost of CV axles on the market.
- SILVERADO: 1500 HD 2006-05 2003-01, 1500 HD Classic 2007
- Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 2006-02
- SILVERADO: 2500 2004-99, 2500 HD 2010-01, 2500 HD Classic 2007
- SILVERADO: 3500 2006-01, 3500 Classic 2007, 3500 HD
- Very flexible boots
- Longevity of seal life
- No-hassle replacement
- Reduce stress and ozone cracking
- Quick and easy installation; no vibrations or irritating noises
- Not all automobiles are suitable
- Quite expensive
Cardone 66-1325 is easy to install, so you’ll be able to accomplish the installation in an hour or two without the assistance of a mechanic. Also, this CV axle includes a built-in washer and 36mm hub nuts, making it a good choice.
Detroit Axle – 6-Lug Front CV Axle
The Detroit Axle- 6- Lug Front CV Axle comes with a high-quality neoprene boot that ensures it is not affected by extreme conditions like temperature and pressure which could cause it to wear or break.
The numerous components and pieces are well lubricated, allowing each item to fit appropriately without strain.
The packaging is superb, and some users think it’s a substantial improvement from the OEM (Original equipment manufacturer). The Detroit Axle Front CV Axle Drive is heavier and more durable than many other choices on the market.
Also, the installation is not complicated, as anyone can complete it fast without any problems or complications. Make sure you position the joints properly before you screw them together.
- 2007-2020 GMC Yukon
- 2015-2020 GMC Yukon XL
- 2007-2014 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- 2007-2020 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2007-2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2007-2013 Chevrolet Avalanche
- 2007-2020 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2015-2020 Chevrolet Suburban
- 2007-2014 Chevrolet Suburban
- 2007-2020 Cadillac Escalade
- 2007-2020 Cadillac Escalade ESV
- Fit perfectly
- Long-lasting and well-constructed
- The packaging is stunning
- All components are properly lubricated
- Incomplete assembled axles
- Not all automobiles are suitable
- It is mostly short
Detroit Axle wheel bearing hubs constitute high-quality materials and the most innovative processes on the market. However, before buying it, make sure it is compatible with your car to avoid installation and operation concerns.
Cardone Select 66-1430HD New CV Axle
Don’t be surprised we have another Cardone product on our list. Like the one previously mentioned, Cardone 66-1430 has a high level of dependability and gives every user the confidence and peace of mind they need to operate their vehicle and go on exciting vacations.
Talking about the price, Cardone 66-1430 is reasonably priced and fits flawlessly on previously fitted automobiles.
The boots included with this axle are extremely flexible, long-lasting, and prevent grease leaks. Furthermore, the shaft has a comparable thickness to the original.
However, take your time and do it right when unwrapping this product. The installation is simple, and you can accomplish it without the assistance of a professional. Also, before making a purchase, make sure to check for compatibility.
- 2007-2017 GMC sierra 1500
- 2007-2018 GMC Yukon
- 2015-2018 GMC Yukon XL
- 2007-2014 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- 2007-2012 Chevrolet Avalanche
- 2007-2013 Chevrolet Cheyenne
- 2007-2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2015-2018 Chevrolet Suburban
- 2007-2014 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
- 2007-2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2007-2018 Cadillac Escalade
- 2007-2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT
- 2007-2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV
- Longevity and durability are guaranteed
- There are no grease leaks
- Boots are long-lasting and flexible
- No-hassle installation
- Not all automobiles are suitable
- Shorter than the original
Cardone Select 66-1430HD New CV Axles have sparked a great deal of curiosity in the automotive sector, making vehicle owners rank it as a top maker of aftermarket CV axles.
GSP NCV10235 CV Axle
GSP’s NCV10235 CV axle assemblies provide a smooth, vibration-free ride in any driving situation thanks to premium materials, meticulous machining, and balance.
Just like the previously mentioned GSP product, GSP NSV 10235 is also designed with premium-grade neoprene boots resistant to ensure boot integrity. It comprises a high-temperature moly grease that resists friction and wears for years of smooth, dependable operation.
This axle passes a thorough quality and workmanship test before being placed in the box, ensuring that you receive the highest quality axles available, as well as a limited lifetime warranty.
- CHEVROLET: 2000-07 Monte Carlo, 1999-05 Venture
- PONTIAC: 2000-04 Bonneville, 1997-08 Grand Prix, 1999-05 Montana
- CHEVROLET: 2000-11 Impala
- BUICK: 2000-05 Century, 2005-09 LaCrosse, 2000-05 LeSabre, 2006-11 Lucerne, 1997-05 Park Avenue, 1997-04 Regal, 1997-99 Riviera
- It is affordable
- Easy to install
- Strong resistance to friction
- Not perfect for all vehicles
GSP CV Axles follow OE specifications regarding fit, shape, and function. Only the highest-quality materials are used in the manufacturing process, which, when combined with precise machining and balance, results in a smooth, vibration-free ride under any driving conditions.
Cardone 66-5235 New CV Axle
The Cardone 66-5235 is identical to the OEM in specifications and attributes. Due to its excellent performance and utility, this model has won the confidence and trust of several consumers for years.
If you’re looking for a stress-relieving item that also gives your mind peace, then it goes no further because this is the right choice for you.
It comes with boots that make installation stress-free simple. When you install this model on your car, it eliminates movements and unwanted sounds.
Neoprene and high-quality materials constitute the boot’s construction. The longevity and durability of its boots are due to its excellent material.
You can install this Cardone model on either the driver or passenger’s side of your vehicle. This way, you won’t have to worry about buying the incorrect pair.
- 2010 – 2020 Lexus GX460
- 2003 – 2009 Lexus GX470
- 2003 – 2020 Toyota 4Runner
- 2007 – 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 2005 – 2020 Toyota Tacoma
- No stress during installation
- There are no leaks, vibrations, or sounds
- It’s a great fit for both of the vehicle’s sides
- There is no influence by extreme temperatures or stress
- Not all vehicles are suitable
- Not the best option for rough terrain
- It does not include a seal
The Cardone 66-5235 CV axle is identical to the OEM CV axle in quality and is the best for most automobiles. It has the same notches as OEM CV axles, allowing easy installation. Because of the noiseless and long-lasting nature of the boots, this driveshaft provides peace of mind.
GSP NCV10248 CV Axle
The GSP NCV10248 CV Axle is another axle with amazing features; it has a well-constructed CV joint that works well in extreme temperatures while reducing strange and unpleasant vibrations.
Furthermore, this axle fits into the installed vehicle, and it is also known for its high quality. Therefore, it is ideal for automobiles equipped with an anti-lock braking system (ABS).
The axle shaft comprises durable materials that promise longevity and resistance to adverse weather conditions.
GSP ensures that their product quality is not compromised because they are more focused on offering excellent service. For example, high-quality grease lubricates the joints and bolts.
Lubrication lowers friction between metal surfaces, preventing them from overheating and wearing out prematurely.
Like the previous three CV axles on our list, the boot comprises high-quality material known as Neoprene. This material ensures resistance and tolerance to severe temperatures and stresses, as well as early breaking or premature wear-off.
- 2004-07 Buick Rainier
- 2002-09 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- 2002-09 GMC Envoy
- 2005-08 Isuzu Ascender
- 2005-09 Saab 9-7X
- Equivalent to the OEM in terms of functioning and fit
- Installation is straightforward
- Rust does not affect the clamps
- Work on all kinds of roads
- Not all automobiles are suitable
- It does not include C-Clips
The good thing about this product is that the lubricant is unaffected by extreme temperatures. So, it ensures that the axle’s performance is always at a maximum level.
Bodeman – Front CV Axle
This CV Axle is notable for its high compatibility, making it popular and highly discussed among owners and automotive experts.
All components and parts of this CV Axle ensure that it fits well with your vehicle completely and simply because the manufacturers placed them carefully.
The bellows are acceptable. Furthermore, it has an ideal shaft length for quick torque transmission.
The Bodeman CV Axle can fit both your car’s passenger and driver sides. As a result, you won’t have to bother selecting the wrong side throughout the transaction.
- 2000-2006 Chevy Suburban 1500
- 1999-2006 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2007 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 (Exc. NEW BODY STYLE)
- 1998-2006 GMC Yukon
- 2000-2006 GMC Yukon XL 1500
- 1999-2006 Cadillac Escalade
- 2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV
- 2002-2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
- 2000-2006 Chevy Tahoe
- 2002-2006 Chevy Avalanche 1500
- 1988-1999 Chevy/GMC K1500
- 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado 1500
- 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
- Enhance vehicle performance
- It is well-suited to compatible automobiles
- Owners can place the axle on any side of their vehicle
- Suitable for a wide range of vehicles
- Installation is smooth and straightforward
- No installed anti-lock braking system
- Not all automobiles are suitable
Since the Bodeman – Front CV is compatible with a wide range of car brands and models, it is popular among car owners and mechanics. In addition, this product has several comparisons, and it is cost-effective.
Cardone Select 66-5265 New CV Axle
If you’re looking for an affordable CV axle from Cardone, the 66-5265 model is for you. Its design ensures that it satisfies all OEM criteria. The best part is that it comes with crack-resistant boots. Its boots have additional bellows that keep it stress and crack-free. This eliminates one of the most common causes of boot failure.
It also has rolled threads to ensure proper fitting. To ensure a perfect seal, pneumatically crimped clamps are also present. These boot clamps seal the housing and the boot together.
The installation is smooth and stress-free. It eliminates unpleasant vibrations once installed on your vehicle. Concrete and top-class material is responsible for the durability and longevity of the boots.
- 2009 Lexus ES 350
- 2007 Lexus ES 350
- 2004 Lexus ES 330
- 2009 Toyota Solara
- 2008 Toyota Camry V6
- 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6
- Installation stress-free
- Vibrations, leaks or sounds are absent
- Extreme temperatures and stress do not affect it
- Not all vehicles are compatible
- It might not be the best for off-road adventures
This CV axle fits almost all kinds of automobiles, and It has the same notches as OEM CV axles, which allows for easy installation. Moreover, since it is noiseless and its boots last long, this driveshaft provides peace of mind.
CV Axles Buying Guide
Most of the time, when it comes to choosing a CV axle, the question isn’t how to purchase, but the real question is how you can be sure that the axle you’re buying is worth the price. So we’ve compiled a list of the most important considerations to help you make the best decision.
The price is an important factor to consider when replacing a CV axle because many high-quality CV axles are reasonably priced. Consider the axle’s advantages and disadvantages to determine whether it is worth the price.
There is a way the price of a specific CV axle can change your mind and force you to settle for an affordable brand even if it’s not what you want. However, some reasonably priced aftermarket CV axles are on this list to consider.
Suppose receiving an expensive piece of junk that would derail your plan and your budget, all for nothing. It’s not enough for a CV axle to have a beautiful exterior finish, a low price, or an excellent fit. You bought it to do a job; we don’t think you wanted it as a decoration.
As a result, look for an axle that can do the job that your money paid for. Only a functional axle can prove that you did not purchase an ornament.
It is essential to ensure that the selected CV axle is appropriate for your vehicle. Since axles aren’t a one-size-fits-all solution, don’t be misled by positive online reviews and ratings.
So before you buy any CV axle, you should consider whether it is compatible with your vehicle’s brand and model. Check yourself to see if a specific type is appropriate for your car. That is how you ensure a reasonable return on investment and get optimum satisfaction.
Durability simply refers to how long an axle will last. So, even though no axle can carry your vehicle forever, you must ensure it will last for a long period.
Each axle has an absolute life expectancy. If you intend to purchase a new axle and are unfamiliar with it, read the manufacturer’s product description and customer reviews for detailed information.
It will be dissatisfying if you receive an axle that walked out on you a few weeks after you committed your hard-earned money to purchase it.
Another factor worth considering is the mode of installation. On average, the installation should take no longer than 2 hours. So, you should avoid selecting any axle that will be hard to install without help.
On the other hand, if the installation process is complex, you will need to hire a professional to install it, and as a result, the overall cost of the purchase will increase.
When you consider the several amazing CV axle brands in the market, it is quite challenging to choose one. However, with the vast amount of information shared in this buying guide, you should have an easier time deciding on which brand of CV axle to purchase.
You must make sure you choose any brand that meets your requirements. You don’t laugh at a broken axle. Extreme caution and urgency should be taken when discovered.
Also, don’t wait till the next time you use the vehicle before looking for a replacement. Instead, solve the problem right away to ensure stop further damage to your car and ensure your safety.
To avoid settling for just any CV axles out of confusion, here are three carefully selected designs you can put your money and trust into:
01. Cardone 66-1009 – The Best CV Axle Brand
02. GSP NCV10232 CV Axle – Most sought after
03. Cardone 66-1430HD CV Axle – CV axle with a high level of dependability
How much does it cost to replace the CV axle?
The axle type will help you determine how much you will spend on a CV axle. However, on average, you will spend $600 – $1000 to replace the two CV joints, while the mechanic will charge you between $100 and $300.
What is the lifespan of a CV axle?
Normally, CV axles have a life expectancy of 5 years or 60,000 miles before replacement. However, this can sometimes vary.
Are Cardone axles any good?
Yes. Cardone axles are the best fit for almost all kinds of vehicles. Also, the durability and ease of installation have increased its popularity.
Is it possible to save the CV axle by replacing a broken boot only?
Yes, it’s possible to replace a broken boot only if it is discovered early enough. To replace only the boot, you must ensure the grease is intact, and no dust, debris, or water has entered it. However, if it’s already damaged before you notice it, you will have to replace the axle.